About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Registration

I think I finally made my way INTO the City Lads.  I don't know what happened, but I had the greatest practice the other day.  We scrimmaged and I think I was involved in every goal my team had.  After practice my coach said to me, "The more I see you play, the more I want you to play for me."  But the best part is that the girls are more on-board with me on the team.  Nwenya said to Jim, "I knew she was good, but she is REALLY good."  Now I want to play in a game so bad!

Too bad that won't happen for a while.  Not only was our game this weekend cancelled, but I don't have my player card...STILL!  Supposedly, there were some cases of fraud on the men's side between foreigners joining teams, or not joining teams, and using their football status to get SA citizenship...or something...Anyways, the SA Football Association (I think that's their title) froze all foreigner applications for registration.  They're waiting for a ruling from the head and Moses, our manager, sent in a letter supporting my registration.  We will see what happens I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment