About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Monday, December 5, 2011

African Burn

I got my first real African sun burn.  Yesterday was sunny so I went and read by the pool.  In typical PE fashion however, it was really windy so I was cold and didn't even think of putting on sun screen.  My bad.  I ended up with burnt shoulders and, oddly, upper thighs.  The two parts of my body that haven't gotten much sun at work yet.  I am always wearing jeans or soccer shorts and t-shirts for GRS so the tank top and normal shorts were just too little material to save my skin.  It seems that I'll have a funny tan-line though...

No comments:

Post a Comment