About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Locked In

On Tuesday I had to turn in all of our site reports.  This meant that Monday I stayed late at work to work on our financial report because I received our bank statement that morning and needed to make sure the numbers matched and then put everything together.  I ended up staying past building hours on accident though.  Being alone in the office, people had shut out door and the building manager just figured everyone had left.  This meant that as soon as I opened up the gate outside our door the whole building resounded with alarms.  I was locked in the building and ear-piercing alarms were screaming in my ears.   Oops.  Jess called the building manager and the security company showed up.   The security guys thought it was funny and joked around with Jess while they waited for me to get out.  The building manager however was pissed!  He lectured me a bit about his time and how he wasn't getting paid for this.  My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment