About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chiefs

Last night we went and saw the Kaizer Chiefs play at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.  This is one of SA's best club teams (Chiefs vs Pirates is the big rivalry for the title) playing in one of the World Cup stadiums (and a beautiful stadium at that).  The four interns went along with Dani (the filmmaker) and all the coaches on the City Lads.  We had a great time, though the score was 0-0.  I sat with Chika and Shuffle (my loves!) and got to see some people who I had only seen on TV before.  Soo cool.

My fun continued today.  I turned in all my reports yesterday so I took today off - kinda.  Jess and I went to Greenacres Mall for the whole day.  We just walked around and asked stores for donations for our HCT (HIV Counseling and Testing) tournament that we are hosting November 26th.  I am chairing the media and prize committees so I've been going around begging people for goods, money, airtime, ads in the paper, etc.  It's been fun and awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment