About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Friday, September 2, 2011

New Brighton New Office

We finally moved into our new office today.  We let the boys finish the moving while Pumeza and I finished getting all our monthly reports together to send to Cape Town.  I suppose I will miss working out of Sithembile.  Mostly Sipalele.  He is an older boy at the school and love to talk to us.  When I first met him he'd yell out my name and then when I looked at him he would be doing something (for example, planking next to the car).  These things tended towards this planking move - nothing too awesome or exciting, but when you looked at him he would burst into laughter!  It was hilarious.  He also really liked playing the game where one intern would get another to walk outside to "meet Sipalele" and he would hide behind the door waiting for the most opportune moment to jump out at you.

Our new office is nice though and it's in the same building as the printers we use so we'll save petrol money! whooo...that's me thinking like an operations intern.

Played pick up again last night with the boys.  Silky called me Gracie last night.  I asked why.  He says, "Gracie's a soccer player."  ok.  I guess it's fitting then...I did get recruited afterwords however which is exciting.  St. George's coach asked me to come to a training session of theirs to feel out their team and see if i wanted to play.  I'm also supposed to go train with City Lads next week.  Dunno.  Transportation-wise St. George's is nice.  It's a lot closer.  Plus, they only train twice a week which City Lads train 3 - one of those being on Fridays.  It'd be so nice to play with the GRS coaches though and get closer with them...hmmmm decisions!

1 comment:

  1. Gracie is a movie about a blonde girl that plays on a boy's soccer team... pretty sure it's a famous true story!

    ReplyDelete