About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Friday, September 30, 2011

VACATION!

I am taking my first vacation this weekend.  I feel I deserve it after this week.  All of our reports were due today and it was my first month of being in charge of it all.  Exciting and tiring. 

What is this vacation you ask?  Well, we (me and my 3 housemates) are traveling towards Cape Town to Hermanus tomorrow morning for the weekend.  They have a huge whale-watching festival this weekend because it's migrating season!  We get to drink wine, hang out on the ocean, eat good food, see whales, and MOST IMPORTANTLY we are going shark-cage diving.  Found a sick deal with room, food, and boat ride.  I might freak out, but right now it sounds amazing.

It's a little sad to go away though.  We are definitely starting to feel very comfortable here.  We went out last night and were able go between 3 different groups of friends we have!  Soccer players, surfers, foreigners.  It may seem silly, but this is sooo nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment