About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ToC

Last week was the most exhausting week of my life.  I am talking by Friday evening I was crying for no reason - purely from a level of exhaustion.

Me with all the new coaches
We were holding our Training of Coaches (ToC) for the new coaches.  This is nice and all, but being in charge of the logistics of a training of 30 people is insane.  Supplies, lunches (that people like and are different each day), tea breaks, transport money, etc. etc.  When I did get a little down time (usually lasting max 1/2 hour before I'd be sent out on another errand) I got to get to know some of the coaches and sit in on their practice runs and give feedback - This part was fun.  The rest of it meant me getting home around 5-7 each day and falling straight asleep.

The benefits were that I was never bored, the new coaches know me more than any other intern, and I was actually able to watch and participate in the training which was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment