About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mustangs

City Lads filled weekend.  We had a game Saturday - STILL not registered so I played manager and got the roster ready, organized the player cards, and communicated with the refs.  Not my favorite way to spend a soccer game/Saturday, but oh well.  We won 5-0 even though the wind was insane.

Sunday we had a friendly so I was allowed to play.  It was actually a funny build-up.  We were playing a team from more in-town/richer area and all the girls were colored or white.  When City Lads rolled up, we are a township team and then I am just this white girl.  I felt like people would look and wonder what I was doing.  Then I sat out the first half so everyone was still wondering.  I got to play the whole second half and things went quite well.  I am playing up top, but more of a holding forward - just what I like.  Right in the beginning of the half I was able to dribble through some defender and get an ok shot off.  Within 15 minutes I had scored and a girl was designated to man-mark me.  I don't know the last time this happened to me, but it felt awesome.  We won 3-0.  I want my players card!

No comments:

Post a Comment