About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Gall Bladder

This week has been filled with two things:
1. ToC Gen Skillz refresher.  Some curriculum development guys have been sent from Cape Town to work with our remaining coaches on Generation Skillz curriculum and any changes that have been made in preparation for the RCT.  It's been fun having more Americans around, learning more about the curriculum, and getting time out of the office.

2. Me bedridden.  I woke up Saturday night with a pain in my gut and promptly received a fever.  The Fever left me Sunday evening, but the pain persisted.  By Tuesday morning it was too bad.  I couldn't stand up and I couldn't sleep so Jess took me to the hospital.  Turned out that I had a Gall Bladder infections - whatever your gall bladder is.  They put me on some nice pain medication in the hospital, stuck me with too many needles for my liking, took an x-ray, and ultra-sound, let me sleep an hour (finally!!!) and sent me home with a bunch of pills.  Now I am on a healthy diet of pain medication and antibiotics.  Still pain...hopefully that ends soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment