About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Friends

Yesterday was a bit rough, but ended well.  As you may know, my Christmas package from my family got lost by the post office here.  Well, where I thought a story had ended, it in fact had not.  I got an e-mail from my mom 2 days ago saying the US post office had tracked the package down and said it was at my local post office! yay!!!  I got so excited and made plans to sneak out during work yesterday to go pick it up. 

When Jess and I arrived however, we did not find Christmas, but merely more nonsense at the post office.  The man I spoke with informed me that the package had arrived on the 18th of December.  I visited this location at least twice after this date asking about this package and they assured me it was not there.  In December they gave me a customer service number to call because they had not received it yet.  This customer service line told me that package was not even in South Africa yet, so I assumed it had been lost or stolen.  Now this man was telling me they had had it since the 18th!  This itself was upsetting.  More so though, was their policy of return after 21 days.  Since they had had it since the 18th of December the package had already been shipped back out.  I hope it arrives safely back to my mother and that I never have to go to the post office again!

No comments:

Post a Comment