About Grassroot Soccer

Mission: Grassroot Soccer uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.

Vision: A world mobilized through soccer to prevent new HIV infections.

Strategy: To achieve our mission, we continuously improve our innovative HIV prevention and life-skills curriculum, share our program and concept effectively, and utilize the popularity of soccer to increase our impact.

http://www.grassrootsoccer.org/

Grassroot Video: Who We Are, What We Do.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to Work

Today we still have no office, but we have a game plan and actually did some work.  PE is part of the RTC research this coming year and some schools have been placed off-limits and most have already been hit so our office is looking to expand to some areas outside Zwide, New Brighton, and Motherwell.  Today we got our numbers together, our kits, and a plan.  Tomorrow we are going to drive out to some new schools and try to recruit them.  Hopefully all goes well.

Funny Siya story of the day.  Today we were driving and had stopped at a light (robot).  This guy was sitting near my window and was looking at me.  He started saying things and motioning a phone call.  I just looked away, but he was yelling things in Xhosa and Siya heard him.  Siya looks over, rolls my window down and yells something back in Xhosa and laughs.  The guy runs up to our car and pulls out his phone.  He's saying, "baby can I get your number?"  I am half laughing, half nervous.  Siya is laughing and then we drive away.  I asked him what he said.  He says, "I asked him if he was crazy for you.  He said yes." jeez.

My driving is getting good.  I can take us anywhere we need to go at this point.  Congratulations to me!

Made Mole last night to go with Jimmy's Mexican meal.  Soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment